Thank you for your interest in the Graduate School for advanced Manufacturing Engineering (GSaME).
We are looking forward to receiving your application and wish you good success!
Formal requirements and admission
According to the admission, study and examination regulations, admission to GSaME requires:
- A Master’s or equivalent university degree in the field of the research topic according to § 3 Abs. 1 Nr. 1 of the Promotionsordnung (doctoral regulations of the University of Stuttgart).
- Conformance to the requirements of the doctoral regulations of the University of Stuttgart in the relevant version.
Additionally, the regulations of the university law of Baden-Württemberg apply.
Admission to GSaME takes place in a standardized selection procedure. The following documents must be attached to the online application:
- General information:
- Application data (see online process)
- University diploma with transcript of courses
- Other relevant certificates, prices and awards
- Letter of motivation, including personal background
- Letters of recommendation of two well-known professors (Template)
- Proof of German language proficiency (TestDaF level TDN5)
- Proof of English language proficiency (IELTS Academic Band Score 7.0 or higher; IELTS General Training Band Score 7.0 or higher; 102 iBT-TOEFL; 255 CBT-TOEFL; 575 PBT-TOEFL)
- Excerpt from Master or Diploma thesis
As a part of the selection process, a selection interview with the respective Thesis Committee is conducted as well. If the research project in the application is conducted jointly with an external cooperation partner of GSaME, a second selection interview takes place together with representatives from the cooperation partner.
Admission to the graduate school GSaME is granted after a successful selection interview, in the case of full compliance with the admission requirements and a positive decision by the Executive Board of Directors of GSaME.
The following criteria are considered in the evaluation of applications:
- Master degree or university degree with a grade well above average
- Short duration of study
- Ability for profound and independent scientific work
- Practical experience, technical knowledge and soft skills
- Language skills
- Excellent to good certificates
- Experience abroad
- Positive overall impression in the selection interview, based on a standardized catalogue of criteria
Open research topics are advertised continuously by GSaME. You can apply as soon as the application platform is activated. Once submitted, applications will be processed immediately.
Please note the current application deadlines.